Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beside the teacher's table

*finally, something to write about. kasi kayo e! mag update nga kayo ng mga multiply niyo! haha tell me about your oh-so-fabulous sembreaks. hahaha

If I look back on my high school days and will have to pin point those moments with the most valuable education, those moments will have to be when I sat beside the teacher's table.

Now, please, don't tell me I'm such a teacher's pet although I will have to admit I was something close sometimes.

Anyway, the memories beside the teacher's table are quite vivid, especially those with Miss Aniago. Whenever we have to rewrite certain essays, or write new ones, I'd get to spend time talking with this brilliant teacher. If I remember right we discussed El Fili and other novels further, her controversial love story with a seaman, and definitely some of my dreams.

I like sitting next to the teacher's table. I get to ask questions which aren't really necessary but are related to the topic--applications to life, more often than not. But really, it was more of getting to know the teachers, letting them reveal who they really are, when they don't have to stand up and follow what is set on the lesson plan, when they don't have to see what their students are doing, when they get to rest.

So why write about these experiences aside from the obvious fact that I am very very bored? I miss those days. In college, only two professors were stimulating enough to make me want to ask. Sir Nori of Fil12 and Sir Jimenez of Theo121. Although I never really got to ask Sir Jimenez cause he looks a lot scarier. haha.

Also, I was reminded of these experiences because our family's been praying the rosary for two nights now because Mary's statue is here for the rosary month. (My mom's been praying since the start of October.)

Anyway, praying the rosary reminded me of the feeling I've always felt in high school. See, we pray in the morning, before every meal, before every period and before we go home. We memorize every single prayer and had them engraved on our tongues. When we have to pray them, they just roll of our tongues. It kinda made me feel guilty cause we're not really meaning any of our words.

So beside the teachers table I asked our religion teacher then, Miss Malayas. Why pray? I feel that this isn't even praying. Should we still pray? I don't mean anything anyway.

She said, "Pray anyway".

Now maybe my question was weird. I think the only reasonable answer is to pray, meaning every single word. But what she said, "pray anyway" made me pray anyway until I realized how stupid my question was and how obvious the answer is.

Now I try to pray. In the real sense of the word.

*
Read twilight already, it's not the type of the book that I'd want to read again and again. Truth is, for me, it's the book that you read just cause.

No comments: