Saturday, February 14, 2009

How C4 works

The explosion actually has two phases. The initial expansion inflicts most of the damage. It also creates a very low-pressure area around the explosion's origin -- the gases are moving outward so rapidly that they suck most of the gas out from the "middle" of the explosion. After the outward blast, gases rush back in to the partial vacuum, creating a second, less-destructive inward energy wave.

Don't you know the hardest part is over...I hope.

*

People have been writing about their Valentine's day. I spent the first half of it in NSTP. Pierre bought roses for the little girls and fortunately, there was an extra so he gave it to me. And then the took the Dolch test AGAIN and some of them got depressed AGAIN but it's a good thing I brought art materials so we made lots and lots of hearts and lots and lots of Valentine's day cards. Right now I have 5, I think? Although they're just some scraps of paper the kids worked hard on those. And then I went home. No one was there, nothing to watch, no one to talk to and then Jour texted and asked if we could still go out. And we did go out. And it was the first time I ever went out on such a short notice. And the first time I went home past 12 without any formal occasion. And hindi ako napagalitan. I had fun last night although we just went to Trinoma to eat at Burger King and then went to Eastwood to eat ice cream and then went home. We didn't want the night to end, but it did. And it ended on a weird note. But it was great. We missed Maki. Yep, that was Valentine's for me.

No comments: