Monday, July 7, 2008

When the Going Gets Tough

Writing technical papers are one of my pet peeves. This is one of the reasons why I almost flunked my En12 course--which fortunately did not happen, but made the big 0.08 difference. Technical paper writing does not permit me to write on lower case, use parentheses for side comments, and place excessive emphasis on certain things like placing nine more exclamation points than the single, boring and proper exclamation point.

Just in writing the previous paragraph, I violated three of those rules and I had to edit it. It is just so weird having to separate all those contractions, not using the word "stuff", placing spaces after commas and all other punctuation marks, and having to type in proper case.

Right now I have to write a paper for our Theology class project and I could not write anything for my topic. Had this been a creative essay, I would easily fill up the trivial two-page requirement I imposed on myself. I think in my other life, I am a creative writing major. The time now is 18.50 and I am 3 hours and 10 minutes away from my deadline. I still have no idea on what I should do to lengthen my essay, and a minute just passed again.

When the going gets tough, I stall.

No comments: